Television Wales and the West (TWW) was the British Independent Television (commercial television) contractor for a franchise area that initially served South Wales and West of England (franchise awarded 26 October 1956, started transmissions on 14 January 1958, the eighth franchise to launch) until 1968.
Idents
TWW’s on screen identity consisted, originally, of a circle containing the letters TWW, with a large ‘T’ in the centre and a small ‘W’ to either side. This apparently static caption was used for the first few years of the stations existence before the familiar box logo appeared. This logo was animated and formed when the boxes rotated revealing one letter at a time, accompanied by a twelve note fanfare.Following the acquisition of WWN, their Teledu Cymru branding was utilised by TWW for the North and West Wales service.The TWW logo was added beneath the Teledu Cymru dragon, along with the caption ‘Network for Wales’.Clock